Affymetrix® Genotyping Technology
- Interrogate between 3,000 and over 1.8M loci (SNP and CNV) in parallel
- Custom genotyping for studying focused genomic regions of interest in human
- Commercial arrays with standard content
- Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) for mapping genetic variation across populations to identify variants associated with a phenotype
- Copy number variation (CNV) analysis
- Cytogenetic studies
The Affymetrix® genotyping technology is designed for whole-genome SNP analyses. The reaction consists in reproducibly amplifying a subset of the human genome through a single primer amplification reaction using restriction enzyme digested, adaptor-ligated human genomic DNA. This DNA is then fragmented, labeled and hybridized onto a GeneChip® array. With the new algorithm, (Birdseed, BRLMM-P), the average call rate is greater than 98%. The error rate is around 0.5%.
Affymetrix®'s website can be visited for more details.
Either standard or custom content panels may be ordered. The design of custom assays is realized solely by our personnel.
- Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 5.0 (high density): Covers the entire genome with over 500,000 SNPs.
- Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 6.0 (very high density): Covers the entire genome with over 900,000 SNPs and over 940,000 probes for CNV analysis.
- Affymetrix GeneChip® Universal Tag Arrays (formerly the Molecular Inversion Probe (MIP) Technology from ParAllele): Consists of customs or standard panels from 3,000 to 70,000 SNPs, available in 3K, 5K, 10K, 25K, or 70K configurations.
Information and Service Request
The Client Management Office can be contacted for more information and for service request.